Blacklist

Scam: Deadly Spider Found Inside Kettle

A Facebook scam and hoax that has been around for many years is one that claims a deadly spider was found inside a kettle. There are many different versions of the fraudulent story, one claiming that violin spiders are invading South African homes and others simply claiming that deadly spiders are making their way into kettles due to rain and the hot climate.

The message often claims that a family of six people died after drinking tea made from a kettle that a deadly or violin spider was lurking in

These bogus and false stories are often meant to cause anxiety, shock, or fear and are usually shared by duped Facebook users or ones playing a joke or hoax on their friends. And in some cases, websites will fabricate these stories in order to get website traffic.

If you see stories about a deadly spider inside a tea kettle or other item on Facebook, do not be alarmed. These stories are false. While it is certainly true that a spider can make it’s way into a kettle, the stories shared are stories of fiction.

Example Message

ALERT! ALERT!! ALERT!!!
If you have leftover water in the kettle don’t use it the next day.
Please,ensure you re-rinse your kettle before using it in
the morning.
A family of 6 was found dead and a
research was made that a deadly spider was
found inside the kettle of which they drank tea
from. Please, help broadcast to all. This is
serious, life shouldn’t be taken by something so
small.
Warn as many people as you could. Due
to the rain and hot climate the Violin Spider is
moving into houses. Please take note of this
spider, it is very dangerous. Please warn kids &
send to everyone you could, to alert them as
well! This spider is breeding at a very rapid rate
of speed and it is found more in African
Countries!!!! Try & fumigate if possible
FREE to SHARE
*****************
There’s no safety outside of God.
Send your Press Release/Articles to: news@nigeriacamera.net
Advertise your product with us: adverts@nigeriacamera.net
Read daily news&story at http://nigeriacamera.net/

Example Message

If you slept with water in the kettle don’t use it the next day. Please, ensure u re-rinse your kettle before using it in the morning. A family of 6 was found dead and a research was made that a deadly spider was found inside the kettle of which they drank tea from. Please, help and broadcast to all your contacts. This is serious guys, life can be taken by something so small

Warn as many people as you can.

Due to the good rain and hot climate the Violin Spider is moving into houses.

Please take note of this spider – it is very dangerous. Please warn kids & send to every one you know to alert them as well!

This spider is breading at a rate of speed and is found in more and more South-African houses!!!!


One comment(s) on “Scam: Deadly Spider Found Inside Kettle
  1. Alexandra Tammekand on said:

    Well my dad was making his coffee this morning and one was on the wall. He killed it thinking it was poisonous. I'm glad I found out the story was a scam, now they can be put outside.

Add a comment