SCAM ALERT: A 100.00 bonus is yours on Home Depot.
If you have received email spam with subject “A 100.00 bonus is yours on Home Depot.” from sender “Prepaid Home Depot Card” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
An example of the message is detailed below:
A 100.00 bonus is yours on Home Depot. From Prepaid Home Depot Card Reply-To email@example.com TODAY ONLY: Free Delivery. Shop Now > View as a web page The Home Depot DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP Appliances Bath Flooring Lighting & Fans Tools Lawn & Garden FREE SHIP TO STORE OR HOME Display images to show real- time content TODAY ONLY While supplies last. Get a $100 Pre-Paid Home Depot Card To Use In-Store or Online at Home Depot.com TODAY ONLY While supplies last. MORE SPECIAL VALUES SPECIAL FINANCING AVAILABLE Mobile App Local Ad Specials & Offers Credit Center LETS CONNECT: FB TW P YT Instagram Privacy & Security Contact Us Store Finder To refrain from future emails, click here. This email was sent to NOTE: All offers may not be available in all areas. Prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. 711 W 12th St Vinton-Ia 52349 2018 HJP, LLC. All rights reserved. should cover sales tax+tip i'm mary poppins y'all i am from holland. isn't dat veirrdd?? lemme guess "paris" france, right pard? i'm german but i would never use a comma in english text, frankly i think most people who are upvoting and being nice to him do it exactly because of the way you think. ah he is trying to be funny let me give him an upvote so he doesn't feel bad, then it became a thing for him. kind of like that kid with the dinosaurs on r/videos
The email message contains links that will direct you to survey-scam websites and websites that might host malware.
Survey-scams phish your personal information
Survey-scams are dangerous because they are used to phish personal information from victims. They utilize deceptive surveys (that usually never end) to obtain information that can help them contact victims.
The information collected by scammers is often sold and shared with numerous parties. Victims may get calls from scam artists, robocallers, fake pharmacies, and more. They may also receive unsolicited mail at home and unwanted email messages.
A victim’s contact information can also be used by scam artists and malware distributors.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.