SCAM ALERT: Amazon bonus #wHHro15UJ-One hundred dollar reward.
If you have received email spam with subject “Amazon bonus #wHHro15UJ-One hundred dollar reward.” from sender “Amazon Team” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
An example of the message is detailed below:
Amazon bonus #wHHro15UJ-One hundred dollar reward. From Amazon Team Reply-To firstname.lastname@example.org is the unipiper, but i am not sure. all unibike riding darth vaders kind of look the same to me. he was pretty viral some years ago with [this video.](m..com/watch?v=cnvjke87fdy) he is the unipiper, and normally there are flames coming out of the pipes. he's fairly common in portland. i live it portland, so i was only surprised 2018 just started off a whole lot better with your $100 bonus to Amazon. Get your preloaded card here.
The email message contains links that will direct you to survey-scam websites and websites that might host malware.
Survey-scams phish your personal information
Survey-scams are dangerous because they are used to phish personal information from victims. They utilize deceptive surveys (that usually never end) to obtain information that can help them contact victims.
The information collected by scammers is often sold and shared with numerous parties. Victims may get calls from scam artists, robocallers, fake pharmacies, and more. They may also receive unsolicited mail at home and unwanted email messages.
A victim’s contact information can also be used by scam artists and malware distributors.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.