SCAM ALERT: Kohl’s bucks balance…
If you have received email spam with subject “Kohl’s bucks balance…” from sender “Kohls Rewards” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
An example of the message is detailed below:
Kohl's bucks balance... From Kohls Rewards Reply-To email@example.com Kohls.com str #825596 it because I say you should like it!), that I needed to try a different kind, that everyone likes smoking - it was weird. It's a weird amount of peer pressure to get when you're a grown adult, from other grown adults. I don't need a pat on the back for deciding not to smoke,. Kohl's Bucks Are Expiring Please take the time now to redeem your Kohl's bucks by November 1st. If you have any questions please refer to the FAQ below. GoHere Kohl's Card #4287 For: firstname.lastname@example.org #5olh5J This has been delivered from M.K.D. + CDCS Resources. 1009 Lee Street Greenwood MS 3 8 9 3 0 Please go here now to forgo all messges from us. At this web-URL. it because I say you should like it!), that I needed to try a different kind, that everyone likes smoking - it was weird. It's a weird amount of peer pressure to get when you're a grown adult, from other grown adults. I don't need a pat on the back for deciding not to smoke,.
The email message contains links that will direct you to survey-scam websites and websites that might host malware.
Survey-scams phish your personal information
Survey-scams are dangerous because they are used to phish personal information from victims. They utilize deceptive surveys (that usually never end) to obtain information that can help them contact victims.
The information collected by scammers is often sold and shared with numerous parties. Victims may get calls from scam artists, robocallers, fake pharmacies, and more. They may also receive unsolicited mail at home and unwanted email messages.
A victim’s contact information can also be used by scam artists and malware distributors.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.