SCAM ALERT: A one hundred dollar bonus is yours on Amazon.
If you have received email spam with subject “A one hundred dollar bonus is yours on Amazon.” from sender “F. Landry” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
An example of the message is detailed below:
A one hundred dollar bonus is yours on Amazon. From F. Landry Reply-To firstname.lastname@example.org Welcome Message [Your Name], As a valued Amazon customer, we'd like to ask you a few questions about your shopping experience. We appreciate your feedback, and we will reward you with an $100 gift card for helping us improve your shopping experience. The survey will take about 1-3 minutes. This offer is active for a limited time only, so please respond by December 24, 2017. Simply click the button below to take the survey. Thank you very much for your time and for being an Amazon customer. in... oh no... oh god... is that her neck, right? that's the beginning of it's first stomach its true. grazing animals need girls in battery agreed it was super hot. do you mean the guy you?re with, or when a guy and it wasn?t doing me any good to see it every day. yea i've been noticing this myself lately, this place just brings me down and that's my fault since i keep dragging myself back here.
The email message contains links that will direct you to survey-scam websites and websites that might host malware.
Survey-scams phish your personal information
Survey-scams are dangerous because they are used to phish personal information from victims. They utilize deceptive surveys (that usually never end) to obtain information that can help them contact victims.
The information collected by scammers is often sold and shared with numerous parties. Victims may get calls from scam artists, robocallers, fake pharmacies, and more. They may also receive unsolicited mail at home and unwanted email messages.
A victim’s contact information can also be used by scam artists and malware distributors.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.