SCAM ALERT: You have a Starbucks beverage reward
You have a Starbucks beverage reward
If you have received email spam with subject “You have a Starbucks beverage reward #99510061 are ending this weekend” from sender “Donna Mackenzie” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
An example of the message is detailed below:
You have a Starbucks beverage reward #99510061 are ending this weekend - Thanks From Donna Mackenzie Thank you for being loyal Get your rewards for use this weekend. Just answer a few-questions and you may be able to get yours Continue Here >> This is an ad-ver-tise-ment To end, follow this site PO Box 4668 #85919 New York, NY 10163-4668 Eliminate your name from our list by entering your information now Larry Turick | 4120 Waterberry Cir Valdosta Ga 31602-7605
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.