SCAM ALERT: You’ve Been Selected FOR $50 CVS Reward
If you have received email spam with subject “Fwd: CONGRATS….! Ajl3324 You’ve Been Selected FOR $50 CVS Reward” from sender “firstname.lastname@example.org” (or other) delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
The email message contains a malicious attachment that can spread viruses and malware across your machine.
An example of the message is detailed below:
Fwd: CONGRATS....! Ajl3324 You've Been Selected FOR $50 CVS Reward From email@example.com Attachment (~194 B) Show options Message Body To protect your privacy, remote images are blocked in this message. Display images Boy, CVS, you make it hard to report suspicious email. FAQ no help. Lots of examples. No reporting site. -----Original Message----- From: CVS_Reward_Giveaway <Ajl3324@tearlife.net> To: ajl3324 <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Thu, Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am Subject: CONGRATS....! Ajl3324 You've Been Selected FOR $50 CVS Reward $50 CVS Reward ===>> Participation Required Click Here Final-recipient: RFC822; email@example.com Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; displayed X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: rjfu+4re9U2UmUZt+KfFNw== X-Display-Name: test
The email message contains links that will direct you to survey-scam websites and websites that might host malware.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.