How to block stablehost.com referrer spam
Stablehost.com is a web hosting company that engages in a blackhat SEO tactic known as referrer spam that allows stablehost.com to aggressively promote their services at the expense of your website’s analytical data.
Stablehost.com referrer spam will shows up as referral or organic traffic in your Google Analytics reports. The stablehost.com referrer spam URL directs you to a landing page on the website that advertises several web hosting services.
Referrer spam from this URL can ruin your website’s analytical data provided in Google Analytics reports. For example, stablehost.com referral traffic usually lands on a single webpage on your website and leaves from the same website; creating a 100% bounce rate. Web traffic from stablehost.com can appear from a variety of source locations around the globe and can hit your website with referral traffic spam multiple times daily.
To block stablehost.com referrer spam in your Google Analytics account Google recommends to create an exclude filter that stops stablehost.com referral traffic at the campaign source. This guide shows you how to do that.
How to block stablehost.com referrer spam in Google Analytics
You can block stablehost.com referral traffic in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab.
2. Under the account section click All Filters.
3. Click the + ADD FILTER button.
4. Put the referrer spam website URL as a name for the Filter.
5. Select Filter Type Custom. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source. In the Filter Pattern text box, type stablehost.com and click the Save button on the bottom of the page.