SCAM ALERT: your balance is ready to be withdrawn
This is an automated message to inform you about your current Bitcoin balance in your account
If you have received email spam with subject “your balance is ready to be withdrawn” from delete it immediately. This email message can be harmful to your computer and privacy.
The email fraudulently claims that you have an existing Bitcoin balance that is ready to be withdrawn. The email claims that all it needs is your confirmation for the payout.
The email can easily be debunked because it will likely claim that the amount of Bitcoins you have is well over 40,000,000 in local currency. Also, Bitcoin will not inform you about your current Bitcoin balance.
An example of the message is detailed below:
[your name] your balance is ready to be withdrawn View this email in your browser bitcoin This is an automated message to inform you about your current Bitcoin balance in your account FIRST PAYOUT IS READY FOR YOUR CONFIRMATION Account information #[account number removed] Name: email: Country: Balance in bitcoins: Account expires:
Email messages like these are dangerous and usually linked to phishing your personal information, identify theft, credit theft, and other unwanted occurrences. The emails might also contain malicious links that can infect your computer or phone with malware and potentially unwanted programs.
If you clicked a link in the email we suggest that you scan your computer for malware and remove any traces immediately.
How to remove malware from your computer
- Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing the Malwarebytes program.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install the Malwarebytes programs. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer for malware.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button when the scan is complete.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.